TÜRKAK, the Turkish Accreditation Body, celebrated the World Accreditation Day (WAD), a joint initiative of International Accreditation Forum (IAF) and International Laboratory Accreditation Co-operation (ILAC) by organizing a conference on “Accreditation: Delivering a safer world”.
Many participants (members of the board of directors of TÜRKAK, consultative committee members, managerial staff and employees of TÜRKAK as well as representatives of government, state institutions, professional and civil society organizations) attended this event, where the following topics were discussed under the moderation of TÜRKAK Retired General Secretary and TÜRKAK Lead Assessor Mr. Atakan BASTÜRK:
- Introduction to illustrate the role and importance of accreditation in everyday life by Mr. Halil Ibrahim ÇETIN, General Secretary of TÜRKAK;
- Presentation of the role played by TÜRKAK to support accreditation and provide a safer world by Mr. Ahmet YÜCEL, Deputy Undersecretary of the Ministry for EU Affairs and TÜRKAK Chairman of the Executive Board;
- These presentations were followed by a breakout session focused on the importance of Accreditation in Safe Workplaces and Protection of Occupational Health with the participation of Mr. Ugur ÖZTÜRK, Ministry of Labor and Social Security, General Directorate of Occupational Health and Safety Deputy Director General.
Then major lectures were given about:
- Conformity Assessment Sector and Risk Assessment in Product and Food Safety by by Mr. Ömer GÜZEL, TURKLAB Honorary President;
- ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems by Mr. Aykut KIRBAS, Turkish Standards Institution Deputy Secretary;
- and Carriage of Dangerous Goods in Highway (ADR regulations) and Accreditation by Mr. Kadir ERKAN, Ministry of Transport, Maritime Affairs and Communication, Department of Technical Inspection Certification and Audit, Head of Departments.
The event was concluded by a dinner where all the attendees had the opportunity to interact and exchange on the items discussed during the conference. Special attendance certificates were handed over to every participant by Mr. Ahmet YÜCEL to mark their effective contribution and valuable participation to this meeting, a special opportunity for TURKAK to bring together all interested parties to accreditation with the support of the competent national authorities.