- The General Assembly is the association’s highest decision-making body;
- The Executive Committee is responsible for implementing EA policies and manages the association between General Assemblies;
- The Advisory Board is EA’s main forum for relations with stakeholders;
- EA Committees discuss technical issues for harmonization purposes. The Multilateral Agreement Council manages the peer-evaluation system.
EA General Assembly (EA GA)
The General Assembly, the association’s highest decision-making body, supervises EA management and the general course of affairs in the association and takes decisions on strategy and general policies. The General Assembly creates and dissolves EA Committees. It also elects the Chair and Vice-Chair of EA as well as the Executive Committee officers.
For further details, read:
EA Executive Committee (EA EX)
The Executive Committee is responsible for implementing EA policies and managing the association between EA General Assembly meetings.
Members of the EA Executive Committee (2018-2019)
The Committees of the European co-operation for Accreditation, including the Multilateral Agreement Council, ensure that accreditation is managed in Europe in a harmonized, competent and responsible way, taking account of the views and expectations of all EA Members, regulators and stakeholders.
Chair: Kevin Belson (UKAS, UK)
Scope: accreditation of Conformity Assessment Bodies performing certification, validation and verification activities.
Communications & Publications Committee
Chair: Lucyna Olborska (PCA, Poland)
Scope: platform for sharing experience on communications issues of EA Members and stakeholders’ interest
Horizontal Harmonization Committee
Chair: Gabriel Zrenner (DAkkS, Germany)
Scope: harmonised implementation of Regulation (EC) No 765/2008, EN ISO/IEC 17011 Conformity assessment — Requirements for National Accreditation Bodies (NAB) accrediting Conformity Assessment Bodies, and relevant ILAC/IAF and EA application documents.
Chair: Rolf Straub (SAS, Switzerland)
Scope: accreditation of Conformity Assessment Bodies performing inspection activities.
Chair: Laurent Vinson (COFRAC, France)
Scope: accreditation of laboratories, proficiency testing providers and reference material producers
Multilateral Agreement Council
Chair: Paulo Tavares (IPAC, Portugal)
Scope: management and monitoring of the peer-evaluation process, decision on Multilateral Agreement (MLA)/ Bilateral Agreement (BLA) signatories and evaluators’ training and monitoring
Financial Oversight Committee
Chair: Todor Gunchev (BAS, Bulgaria)
Scope: monitoring the use of EA’s finances during each financial year. It reports to the General Assembly annually.
EA Advisory Board (EAAB)
The EA Advisory Board (EAAB) is the main forum for relations with stakeholders and advises EA on a broad range of political and strategic issues. The EAAB is represented in the EA Multilateral Agreement Council.
The Board’s composition constitutes a well-balanced representation of the parties which rely on and contribute to the European accreditation system, with representatives from:
- Conformity Assessment Bodies;
- industry, services and trade;
- consumer associations;
- metrology institutions;
- European standardization organizations
- EU Member States’ national authorities;
- the European Commission and EFTA.
Discussions focus on issues relating to harmonization, strategy and policy on accreditation. In particular, the EAAB supports EA to ensure that accreditation in conformity assessment activities is applied with openness and transparency.
It also monitors EA developments to promote an accreditation process leading to quality and competence-driven competition between accredited Conformity Assessment Bodies and coherence with international accreditation practice.
- Terms of Reference of EA Advisory Board
- EAAB Rules of Procedure
- EAAB Work Program
- EAAB Management Review of Role, Operations and Interaction with EA
- EA Stakeholders’ Expectations towards Accreditation and EA
- EA-1/15 EA Policy for Relations with Stakeholders
- 39th EAAB Meeting on 3 May 2018: List of Conclusions and Resolutions
- 39th EAAB Meeting on 3 May 2018: Approved Minutes
- 40th EAAB Meeting on 17 October 2018: List of Conclusions and Resolutions
- 40th EAAB Meeting on 17 October 2018: Approved Minutes
- 41st EAAB Meeting on 14 May 2019: List of Conclusions and Resolutions