|For Africa||SADCA (Southern African Development Community in Accreditation)|| Laboratories, Certification bodies.|
(ILAC and IAF)
|For Africa||AFRAC (African Accreditation Cooperation)||(ILAC and IAF)|
|For Asia-Pacific||APLAC (Asia Pacific Laboratory Accreditation Co-operation)|| Laboratories and Inspection bodies.|
|For Asia-Pacific||PAC (Pacific Accreditation Co-operation)||Certification bodies.|
|For America||IAAC (Inter American Accreditation Co-operation)|| Laboratories, Inspection and Certification bodies.|
(ILAC and IAF)
|For Arabian Peninsula||ARAC (Arab Accreditation Co-operation)||Laboratories, Inspection and Certification bodies. |
(ILAC and IAF)
APLAC, PAC, ARAC and IAAC are also MLA members signatories to the ILAC and IAF international multilateral arrangements.
The ILAC Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MRA)
The scope of the ILAC MRA covers the following accreditation programs:
- Calibration laboratories using ISO/IEC 17025;
- Testing laboratories using ISO/IEC 17025;
- Medical testing laboratories using ISO 15189;
- Inspection bodies using ISO/IEC 17020.
As of December 2017 there are:
- 4 regional cooperation bodies recognised under the ILAC MRA – Asia Pacific Laboratory Accreditation Co-operation (APLAC), Arab Accreditation Cooperation (ARAC), European co-operation for Accreditation (EA) and Inter-American Accreditation Cooperation (IAAC);
- 94 accreditation body signatories via the MRA/MLAs of these recognised regions from 85 economies; and 3 unaffiliated accreditation bodies – SADCAS (Secretariat – Botswana and also covering Angola, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe), KCA (The Kyrgyz Republic) and SANAS (South Africa).
- Resulting in a total of 97 signatories to the ILAC MRA from 100 economies.
- 70 signatories to the ILAC MRA have signed licensing agreements to use the ILAC MRA Mark.
The IAF Multilateral Recognition Arrangement (MLA)
Currently there are four main scopes for the IAF MLA:
- Management Systems Certification;
- Product Certification;
- Certification of Persons;
- Validation and Verification.
As of December 2017, the IAF MLA comprised :
- 81 Accreditation Body Members and 70 MLA Signatories
- 4 Recognised Regional Accreditation Groups - Arab Accreditation Cooperation (ARAC), European co-operation for Accreditation (EA) Inter American Accreditation Cooperation (IAAC) and Pacific Accreditation Cooperation (PAC),
- 6 Regional Accreditation Groups (AFRAC, ARAC, EA, IACC, PAC, SADCA)
- 66 accreditation bodies in total representing 60 economies;
- 3 of the 66 signatories are unaffiliated accreditation bodies.
Membership of the IAF MLA is recognised as being satisfied by membership of either the EA MLA, the PAC MLA or the IAAC MLA for recognized programs. IAF members who are also signatories of these regional MLAs are automatically accepted into the IAF MLA for recognized programs.