Published on: 09/07/2018
Workshop organized by HAA on how accreditation provides a safer world
On 6 July HAA (Croatia) organized a workshop to celebrate the World Accreditation Day on "Accreditation: Delivering a safer world".
With 150 attendees, mainly accredited bodies customers of HAA, this workshop was the opportunity for the participants to share up-to-date information on:
- the contribution of accreditation and HAA to provide a safer world
- the importance of laboratory safety measures for the laboratory staff and environment
- the benefits of accreditation for the maritime security and maritime traffic
- the revised standard EN ISO/IEC 17011:2017 Conformity assessment -- Requirements for accreditation bodies accrediting conformity assessment bodies and the impact of this new version on Conformity Assessment Bodies (CABs)
- the revised standard EN ISO/IEC 17025:2017 General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories to discuss the changes for the CABs and how HAA will implement this new standard.
During the event, the 13th anniversary of HAA as an independent public institution was also celebrated. HAA started to operate as an independent public institution funded by the Government on 1st July 2005. Before, accreditation activities in Croatia were operated by the State Office for Standardization and Metrology. The first accreditation in Croatia was granted in 1998 and today 440 accreditations are listed in the HAA Registry of accreditation.
Congratulations to HAA team for their 13th Anniversary!